7 Ways To Live Your Best Life & Manifest Your Ideal Life Screenplay
Imagine someone asks you to write a screenplay. They give you the title: A Perfect Life. Except you don’t get to choose the main character. And you don’t have much control over their childhood. Oh, and you can’t pick their family either. But their friends? All their relationships, jobs, and each and every choice they make in their life? That’s all you. You’re the guiding hand in their personal adventure where, at every stop, your pen writes the next paragraph. Because you are the main character in your own life story. Today, Dustin R. Granger, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and I want to help you become the hero in your own story, and live the life of your choice. Manifesting your ideal life screenplay is Worth It.
Become the #hero in your own screenplay. #worthitpodcast #Yourstory #ideallife @DRGRANGER Click To Tweet
Live your life like it’s a movie
Everyone loves movies, and a lot of people wish their life was just like one. Movies excite us, give us a chance to think, and can even motivate us to live better lives. The truth is, you are the main character in your life, and you’re filming your story right now. With the right mindset, you can use that philosophy to tackle whatever scene comes your way and manifest your ideal life screenplay.
You are who you think you are
- Who are You?: Dustin says if your DNA is your hardware, then your experiences, wisdom and what you have learned is the software. These two things often mold us towards who we think we should be. Sometimes, in order to make a change, it requires us to look back and understand the influences and situations that have shaped us so far.
- Who do you want to be?: Now that you have looked back to understand what has molded and shaped you, it’s time to decide who you want to be. What does your life look like ten years from now? What does success look like for you? Having a clear idea of this will help you aim for the target. We suggest starting with George Kinder’s 3 questions.
- You are who you think you are: Ralph Waldo Emerson says “a person is what he or she thinks about all day long.” This has also been called the Law of Attraction, meaning that you have the power to bring to you the things you focus on and think about. Do you want to be successful? More engaged with the people around you? Experience more joy? Start thinking about these things every day.
be overcome by your self-belief
- Start believing: Believing is more than mental ascent. As you begin to plan your ideal life, as you begin to write the script for your own movie, you have to believe that those good things are actually possible. You must be overcome by your self-belief.
- Visualize: It’s one thing to speak affirmations about your life, it’s another thing to visualize them happening. Get a picture of what your end goal looks like, from exam grades to the house you live in ten years from now. This is a powerful tool that has been proven to work over and over. The first step to manifest your ideal life screenplay is to create your vision.
Act your life character
- Act your life character: Christopher Columbus had no royal lineage, yet he married into noble blood, assured his position and presented his case as if the world should cater to his requests. Ultimately, it did. All he did was live out the life character that he had created for himself, and the opportunity was presented. Had he not been so bold, history would perhaps be written very differently.
- Seize the opportunities: As the character in your own story, you are going to have opportunities presented to you that may help you achieve your goals. The world is leaning forward in anticipation to see what choices you will make. Carpe Diem, charge forward, take the risk!
Outline of This Episode
- [2:00] you can have a life worthy of a famous movie or book
- [4:30] Who are you? DNA is hardware, experience is software
- [7:00] who do you want to be?
- [9:15] you are who you think you are – a person is what he or she thinks about all day long.
- [11:15] The law of attraction – you attract what you focus on
- [14:15] How reticular activation can help you
- [19:45] The self-fulfilling prophecy
- [26:30] Start Believing – be overcome by your self belief.
- [32:15] Triumph and Defeat
- [40:00] Visualize your ideal life
- [45:45] Act your life character – learn to play as many roles as the moment requires
- [51:15] Seize the opportunities
Resources & People Mentioned
- As a Man thinketh James Allen
- How to Win Friends and Influence People Dale Carnegie
- Awaken the Giant Within Tony Robbins
- The Power of Positive Thinking Norman Vincent Peale
- The Magic of Thinking Big David Schwartz
- 48 Laws of Power Robert Greene
- The Luck Factor Richard Wiseman
- Michael Hyatt
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big Scott Adams
Connect With Danielle and Dustin
- Connect with Dustin on Twitter: @DRGranger